CABINS

PIONEER CABIN
Built in 1855, the two-room cabin with breezeway, commonly known as a dogtrot, was donated to the Old Settlers Association by Dr. G.D. Ross, was relocated from it's original site near Liberty Hill to the Old Settlers Association grounds at Harrell Park in Round Rock in 1936 during the Texas Centennial Celebration. Liberty Hill had hosted the 1922 reunion of the Old Settlers Association after a catastrophic flood the previous year had demolished their usual campgrounds on the banks of the San Gabriel River in Georgetown. Subsequent meetings were held at Harrell Park. For many years the Association President camped in the cabin during annuak reunions, and it was occupied by a caretaker for the remainder of the year. The cabin was moved to it's present site following the relocation of the Association headquarters from Harrell park to Palm Valley in 1988.
MATHER CABIN
This cabin originally stood on property in the Gabriel Mills area owned by Samuel Mather, a miller and blacksmith. Built in the early 1850's from squared logs and hand-hewn limestone, it housed chuerch, school and Masonic Lodge meeting before it became a dwelling. Emile Jamail, then owner of the property, donated it to the city of Georgetoen in 1975. As a community project to celebrate the Bicentennial, it was movedthere and restored. By 2004 it was deteriorating rapidly, and lack of city funding promted a decision to demolish it. In keeping with it'd objective to save County herritage, the Old Settlers Association assumed the task ofmoving and restoring the cabin as closely to it's original condition as possible. Samuel Mather (1812-1878) served as postmaster (1858-1863) and Worshipful Mater of Mount Horeb Lodge No. 137 at Gabriel Mills. He was father of the noted Indian fighter, Andrew Mather (1851-1929).
SMALL CABIN
This cabin's history is uncertain.It is thought that the cabin was moved to Harrell Park somewhere between 1937-1940. This cabin had a screen porch attached to the front for many years. The treasurer of the organization lived in this cabin for a short period of time. Each year during the Renuion, families would stay in the cabin for the week long event.

The cabin was taken apart, labeled, moved and rebuilt in the OSA Park At Palm Valley in 1988.
CONTACT
Tel.: 512-388-1733

ADDRESS
3300 Palm Valley Boulevard
Round Rock TX
78665
OFFICE HOURS
Mon-Sat 9:00AM-5:00PM
Closed Sunday & Tuesday
RV's - Please find an empty site and fill out an information card in black mailbox and place in drop box below